White House launches media-offender tracker for press Flood crisis in Southeast Asia disrupts media access and news flow Hong Kong fire tests media safety, coverage and crisis reporting Hamid Mir defends detained journalist Sohrab Barkat Inside the world's largest private sports memorabilia collection Tunisian commentator Sonia Dahmani released after detention The shift from text to video reshapes journalism standards EU states move to boost independent journalism visibility India Supreme Court calls for an independent social media regulator Turkey court acquits four journalists after Istanbul protest coverage White House launches media-offender tracker for press Flood crisis in Southeast Asia disrupts media access and news flow Hong Kong fire tests media safety, coverage and crisis reporting Hamid Mir defends detained journalist Sohrab Barkat Inside the world's largest private sports memorabilia collection Tunisian commentator Sonia Dahmani released after detention The shift from text to video reshapes journalism standards EU states move to boost independent journalism visibility India Supreme Court calls for an independent social media regulator Turkey court acquits four journalists after Istanbul protest coverage
Logo
Janu
Trusted by people worldwide

Case against ARY News withdrawn, says CM

 JournalismPakistan.com |  Published 12 years ago

Join our WhatsApp channel

Case against ARY News withdrawn, says CM

QUETTA: A ‘misunderstanding’ led to the registration of a case against ARY News, Balochistan Chief Minister Dr. Abdul Malik Baloch (picture) announced on Tuesday.


He told the provincial assembly he has been informed the case was registered on a directive of the Supreme Court of Pakistan. However, the court registrar clarified no such directive was issued.


The chief minister said the government would probe the matter to find out on whose instructions the case was filed.


The case against the channel was registered after it aired footage of militants’ attack on Ziarat Residency where Quaid-i-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah spent the last days of his life.   


ARY News CEO Salman Iqbal, Senior Executive Director Owais Tohid, Quetta Bureau Chief Shahid Rind and Islamabad Bureau Chief Sabir Shakir had been named in the FIR. The decision angered journalists who held protests across the country on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, Salman warned the Balochistan government that nationwide protests would continue if the FIR was not formally taken back by Friday, ARY News reported.
 
 

Explore Further

Hamid Mir defends detained journalist Sohrab Barkat

Hamid Mir defends detained journalist Sohrab Barkat

 November 30, 2025: Veteran anchor Hamid Mir has publicly defended detained journalist Sohrab Barkat, questioning state actions after Barkat’s airport arrest and raising international concern over press freedoms in Pakistan.

Najam Sethi to debut new show on Dunya News

Najam Sethi to debut new show on Dunya News

 November 26, 2025: Najam Sethi will host a new prime-time show on Dunya News following his departure from Samaa TV, signaling a key move in Pakistan’s competitive media landscape.

Shalimar Recording Company to terminate all staff

Shalimar Recording Company to terminate all staff

 November 26, 2025: Shalimar Recording and Broadcasting Company (SRBC) will cease operations and terminate all personnel by Nov 30, 2025, as ordered under court-supervised liquidation, affecting hundreds of employees.

Newsroom
White House launches media-offender tracker for press

White House launches media-offender tracker for press

 November 30, 2025 The White House launches a 'media offenders' tracker, naming US news outlets and reporters, raising concerns over press freedom, credibility, and government influence on journalism.


Flood crisis in Southeast Asia disrupts media access and news flow

Flood crisis in Southeast Asia disrupts media access and news flow

 November 30, 2025 Floods sweeping Thailand and Indonesia in November 2025 have disrupted infrastructure, hampered news distribution, and challenged media coverage, underlining risks for disaster journalism and reporting access.


Hong Kong fire tests media safety, coverage and crisis reporting

Hong Kong fire tests media safety, coverage and crisis reporting

 November 30, 2025 The deadly Wang Fuk Court fire in Hong Kong puts strain on newsrooms covering mass-casualty events, highlighting challenges in press access, verification, and reporter safety during chaotic disasters.


Inside the world's largest private sports memorabilia collection

Inside the world's largest private sports memorabilia collection

 November 29, 2025 Dr. Nauman Niaz owns the world's largest private sports memorabilia collection. From Bradman's bats to Ali's gloves, explore rare cricket and sports treasures.


Tunisian commentator Sonia Dahmani released after detention

Tunisian commentator Sonia Dahmani released after detention

 November 28, 2025 Tunisian commentator Sonia Dahmani is released after over a year in detention, raising questions on press freedom, remaining trials, and EU calls for journalist protections.


Popular Stories