August 08, 2016
ISLAMABAD – M. Ziauddin, head of the Unification Committee of Pakistan Federal Union of Journalists (PFUJ) Monday announced the agenda of the Biennial Delegates Meeting scheduled for August 25-27 in Peshawar.
According to a release, all delegates and PFUJ leaders have been directed to reach Peshawar by the night of August 24 or early morning the following day. All meetings must be held at the Peshawar Press Club, the release said.
The inaugural session on August 25 may commence by 11:00am. All meetings be presided by the Chairman of the Unification Committee or in his absence any senior member to be nominated by him.
The following is the agenda of the meeting:
-Comprehensive report of the Chairman of the Unification Committee, followed by discussion
- Report of the probe committee, of the 2013 elections followed by discussion
- Organizational matters related to the PFUJ and Ujs
- Formation of subject committee for resolutions
- Any other matter with the permission of the chair
August 26 (being Friday, the first session may start at 3:00pm till 5:00pm):
- Discussion on the non-implementation of the 7th Wage Award and delay in constituting the 8th Wage Board
- Challenges for the safety of journalists and freedom of the press, proposals and suggestions
- PFUJ relations with International Federation of Journalists, and other international bodies after the 2013 elections
(UC would send its report to IFJ after completion of elections)
August 26 (6:00pm till 9:00pm)
- Possible unification of APNEC, and plight of trade union in the country
- Formation of mechanism to overcome situations like the one that arose during 2013 elections. One proposal could be to constitute Election Tribunals, before PFUJ and Ujs elections comprising three senior journalists, who have no conflict of interest or candidates in the elections.
- Financial matters as at present there is no PFUJ account, operative
- Any other matter with the permission of the chair.
August 27 (Polling Day)
- Discussion on the resolutions of subject committee
- Any proposed amendment to the Constitution
- BDM concluding session after election results are announced
- First meeting of the newly-elected FEC.
Meanwhile, the release said the Unification Committee comprising M. Ziauddin (Chairman), I.A. Rehman, Hussain Naqi, Rahimullah Yousufzai, Shahidur Rehman, Nasir Malick, Khawar Naeem Hashmi, Habib Khan Ghori and Siddiq Baloch would like to make it clear to all those intending to participate in the August 27 elections of the PFUJ that:
If my call is so important to them, why don’t they answer it for 22 minutes?
How come when I want to, but something specific online is the only item out of stock.
When I get into a queue or lane going fast, the moment I get in, it becomes the slowest and refuses to budge.Read more... | Archives