April 17, 2018
ISLAMABAD: Columnist Mosharraf Zaidi on Tuesday said The News had refused to publish his column for the first time in ten years.
“For the first time in over a decade, @thenews_intl has refused to publish my column,” said Zaidi’s tweet.
He termed the refusal to publish the article an “unnecessary muzzling of debate is not healthy.”
With his tweet, he also provided an image of his rejected article.
Commenting on Zaidi’s tweet, analyst Najam Sethi maintained that Jang Group had been muzzled. “Aapas Ki Baat Najam Sethi Kay Saath went off GEO air last June. And JANG stopped printing my column a few months ago. But it's not their fault. They have been muzzled.”
Last week Babar Sattar, lawyer, and analyst also tweeted to complain that his column was not published in The News as it discussed the Pashtun Tahfauz Movement.
Photo: Twitter (@mosharrafzaidi)
Published: July 09, 2019 See more
Published: May 27, 2019
Published: May 24, 2019
Published: May 22, 2019
Published: May 19, 2019
The Nation, October 9, 2018
A study conducted by JournalismPakistan.com and Communications Research Strategies on the economic situation of slain journalists' families and journalists displaced due to security threats.