May 19, 2017
KARACHI – The Sindh High Court Friday threw out an Interior Ministry letter that refused security clearance to four BOL Group directors.
The court ruled the ministry did not mention the reasons in that letter. It said the ISI had already given the required clearance earlier.
Electronic media regulator PEMRA on May 3 announced the cancellation of BOL News licenses. It said the Interior Ministry regretted giving security clearance to the company’s directors - Shoaib Ahmed Shaikh, Ayesha Shoaib Shaikh, Viqas Atiq and Sarwat Bashir.
The Sindh High Court on May 4 ordered that BOL transmission be allowed back on the air.
The SHC Friday directed the ministry to issue a new letter mentioning the reasons for giving or not giving the security clearance.
Daily Times, January 13, 2017